Hotel Managers need to stay ahead of the technological advances are reshaping the hotel industry, improving experiences for both staff and guests. As new voice user interface devices such as Amazon’s Alexa find their way into hotel rooms, operations become more streamlined and guest satisfaction increases.
Introducing Alexa for Hospitality
Alexa for Hospitality is the latest version of Alexa offered by Amazon. This system integrates with most popular hotel software and works on Echo devices in rooms. By developing custom skills for Alexa, hotels create personalized and memorable experiences.
The system integrates seamlessly with existing services and amenities, becoming your hotel guests’ virtual concierge and allowing your staff to focus on what matters most.
Benefits of Amazon Alexa for Guests
Alexa creates a guest-centric experience, simplifying tasks like ordering room service, controlling in-room lighting, and finding local attractions.
- Placing Alexa in rooms enables guests to control room temperature, lighting and more without ever leaving bed. All they need to do is ask.
- Guests can use Alexa to play music or games, and she functions as an alarm clock, weather forecaster and more.
- During busy times, guests can skip long lines or wait times to access the concierge; Alexa brings the concierge right to them.
- Hotel guests can order room service, towels and even check out via Alexa.
Alexa Benefits for Hotel Staff
Deliver the best experience to your guests while improving your team’s productivity with Alexa for Hospitality. The system can transfer requests to the right team, letting your staff focus on guest interactions.
- Alexa makes guest services and hotel operations more efficient by helping staff keep track of rooms needing service or maintenance.
- By routing routine tasks — like room-service calls and housekeeping requests — to the correct team, your staff will get high marks for responsiveness.
- Alexa boosts your brand’s reputation by welcoming guests personally when they arrive in their room, improving customer satisfaction.
- Hoteliers can alert guests to on-property restaurant locations and wait times and announce any spa specials or other offers.
The Future of Personal Voice Assistants
As Alexa and other personal voice assistants (Apple’s Siri, Google’s Hotel Butler) become more common in hotels, designers and hoteliers must pay close attention to how much AI is too much and where these devices fit into the overall guest experience.
Where, how and in what way each hotel applies this technology will depend on their goals and current operations. Alexa and other AI systems may stay in guests’ rooms or be strategically placed to help guests in other locations, such as in reception or at the hotel bar. But, AI is still new to the hospitality industry, and hotels have to weigh privacy concerns over convenience, while listening to guests about where — and how far — to take this technology.
Learn How Alexa Can Improve Your Hotel
Alexa for Hospitality is a game changer for hotels, but whether it will work for your organization can be a tricky question to answer. Gecko Hospitality can help you find the information and answers you need to remain on top of the competitive hospitality industry.