[LAST UPDATED 13 FEBRUARY 2020]
General. We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you including (but not limited to): your name, e-mail address, postal address, work and education history, and URL (collectively, “Personal Information”). Generally, this information is requested when you contact us for information, sign up for an account, upload Content to the Site, or when you complete a survey.
We use your Personal Information for the following primary purposes:
- To make our Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- To help you quickly find information on the Site.
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other services from our company, affiliates, and business partners.
What kinds of information and data do we collect?
In addition, from our Site Gecko collects personal data through web form submissions (including, without limitation, the Resume Builder application), primarily for the purpose of enabling the Services and engaging in support. Gecko also collects anonymous information about how visitors use our web site; for example, Gecko utilizes web analytics software to track, in aggregate, the number of unique views received by the pages of the web site, the domains from which users originate along with many other analytical data points. Through the use of web analytics software, the Gecko Site may use “cookies” to assist the tracking of how users engage our website.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, enter resume information, apply for positions respond to a survey or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Depending on which Services or products you use, we collect different kinds of information from or about you. Gecko may collect Personal Information. Gecko will also automatically gather and store it in log files: IP addresses, browser types, ISPs, referring/exit pages, operating systems, date/time stamps, and movements around the Site. The Site also gathers demographic information and other information from you based on your responses to surveys and similar Site services.
We do analyze website functionality for performance for purposes of improving our service offerings to our customers. Our priority is to educate and make it easy for customers to understand what data we collect, why we collect it, and how we use it.
Who is collecting the data?
Gecko and collaborating third parties in order to provide the Services to our Users.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you use the Site and Services. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive and personal information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
Your Rights Regarding the Date We Collect
With respect to the data we collect from you, you have the following rights:
- the right to be informed about the data we collect;
- the right to access and review the data we have collected from you;
- the right of rectification or correction of any data we have collected from you;
- the right to have any/all data we collect removed;
- the right to restrict how we process data we collect from you;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object to our collection of data; and
- the right to prevent direct marketing, automated decision-making and profiling.
If you wish to take advantage of any of the above rights, please contact us and we will comply at no charge to you.
To review, request a copy of, or delete your account information you may contact us via e-mail at: email@example.com
Data Retention Period
We typically maintain your data for as long as you use our Site and/or our services. We also reserve the right to retain any/all data from our users and former users indefinitely unless/until the user requests deletion of their data, or in the event we are legally required to remove the data, whichever occurs first.
We will generally only retain your Personal Information for so long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, as set out under this section above. However, in the following circumstances, we may be required to retain, preserve or disclose your Personal Information for a longer period of time:
- in order to comply with applicable laws or regulations;
- in order to comply with a court order, subpoena or other legal process;
- in response to a request by a government authority, law enforcement agency or similar body (whether situated in your jurisdiction or elsewhere);
- where we believe it is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations; or
How do we use collected information?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who you request we share information with, or those who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Gecko uses the collected Personal Data to provide and maintain our Services and provide customer support for our Services. Gecko will only use your Personal Data to provide you with news, special offers or general information only if you have willingly Opted In to receive such information.
Gecko may collect and use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
Providing and improving our Services.
We are able to deliver our Services, personalize content and make suggestions for you by using this information to understand how you use and interact with our Services and the people or things you’re connected to and interested in on and off our Services. We also use information we have to provide shortcuts and suggestions to you. When we have location information, we use it to tailor our Services for you and others, such as helping you check in and find local events or opportunities in your area or telling your friends that you are nearby. We conduct surveys and research, test features in development and analyze the information that we have in order to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
Promoting safety and security.
We use the information we have to help verify accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security on and off our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies.
Communicating with you.
We use your information to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Services and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Sending emails or pushing notifications
We may occasionally also send emails such as company news, updates, job opportunities, related product or service information, etc., and we will use your basic Personal Information to respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. We may also use your Information for the purpose of sending you direct marketing (whether by messaging within our services, by email or by other means) that offer or advertise our products and services and/or the products and services of selected third parties. You may at any time change your preferences or turn off notifications, which will alter or cease the specific notifications you receive. You may also cancel your account at any time, in which case we will cease sending you reminder emails, but you may continue getting shared content from others until you specifically turn off those notifications. We may use a third-party mailing list service for company announcements or occasional marketing emails, and you may need to unsubscribe from these emails separately than other types of emails.
Collected Information. Gecko may collect information from you in several different ways including the following:
- Requests. When you request information from us, by phone or e-mail, through the Site, or by requesting to join our mailing list, we may collect certain personally identifiable information from you. If you respond to a survey or sign up contest or drawing, we may request certain Personal Information. We use this information to provide you with information, customer service, or other services related to your request.
- Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and movements around the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically collected data to personally identifiable information.
- Correspondence. If you send us personal correspondence, such as an email or letter, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
- Third Party Referral. We may collect certain personally identifiable information regarding you, when a third party may voluntarily provide such information, in particular when using the “Send to A Friend” option present on our mailings.
- Public/Sponsored Events. Gecko participates in many public events and events with multiple sponsors, such as trade shows and seminars. The events generally collect certain personally identifiable information from all attendees and distribute this data in whole or in part to all the event sponsors including Gecko. While we cannot control and are not responsible for the practices of other sponsors for these events, Gecko will maintain the privacy of its copy of your Personal Information received in this way.
Site Usage. Gecko may monitor your activities, preferences, and transactional data (such as your IP address) relating to your use of the Site and/or services and log this information. This information may be used to diagnose Site technical problems. We also use personal and non-Personal Information in aggregate or statistical form in order to improve our products, services and procedures. This means that information from many persons and/or web site visits is grouped together in a way that does not disclose the Personal Information of any particular person. For example, we track how many people have expressed interest in a particular product and what kinds of web browsers are most often used when visiting our web site. Among other things, this information helps us determine which of our products and services are successful and which should be changed or discontinued.
Web Beacons. Web beacons are very small, invisible graphics present on web pages or emails that help us track when the page or email has been accessed. Some parts of the Site, emails and other files may use web beacons, also known as clear gif technology or action tags. We do not use web beacons to collect, use or store any Personal Information about you.
Customer Service. Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us, we may send you a confirmation e-mail to act as a receipt of your purchase. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries and to provide the services you request.
Business Services. We will also communicate with you in connection with services you request from Gecko.
Disclosure of Collected Information
- Information from the Site. Gecko will never disclose to non-affiliated third parties without your prior approval your e-mail address, phone number, or other Personal Information that we collect via the Site. However, we reserve the right to outsource certain activities to certain third parties. In such cases, we strictly limit the information provided to these third parties to the minimum necessary for them to perform the functions for which we have retained them and prohibit them from using the information for any other purpose or retaining it after it is no longer needed.
- Law Enforcement. Gecko, however, will cooperate with official law enforcement inquiries, such as fraud investigations and subpoenas, and will disclose your information when necessary to comply with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Children 18 Years of Age and Younger. You must be 18 or over to use the Site. We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Gecko is committed to ensuring that your ordering information, including your customer information, is protected while you are on the Site. Gecko uses appropriate and reasonable measures to maintain the security of your Personal Information. This includes procedures followed by our personnel to prevent data loss or theft, physical security of our servers and information stores and electronic security such as firewalls, password-protected databases and secure connections. Gecko may use certain third parties for services such as advertising, marketing and order fulfillment. We only work with third parties whose privacy policies and security practices are equal to or more stringent than our own and who agree to strictly limit their use of the information we provide them to fulfill the functions for which they have been retained. You should be aware, however, that no data transmitted over the Internet, sent through the mail or stored on a computer is 100% secure and that we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data while in transmission to us. Public computers in particular should never be considered secure. You should never give out Personal Information on the Site, or its message board, in chat rooms and other publicly viewable locations. In addition, there exist malicious programs, typically called computer viruses or trojan horses, which can be used to capture information off your computer’s hard drive or while you are entering it into a web form or sending it by email. You should always use the appropriate anti-virus and personal security technology to protect yourself. Lastly, if you have been assigned a login ID and/or password for use on an Gecko system (for example, a login for our web store to purchase products), you should never give out that information to others.
Terms included in this Policy, including but not limited to, personal information and service provider, carry the same meaning in this Policy as they do in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, California Civil Code sections 1798.100 et seq. (“CCPA”). Additionally, and to protect your privacy, we do not sell, share, or rent your Personal Information in any way, as outlined in Section 7 below. If our business practices should change in the future, we will inform you of this change before selling your Personal Information and provide you with instructions on how you can opt-in.
For ease of reference, you may click on any of the following links to jump to one of the sections addressed below:
California’s Shine the Light Law
California Consumer Privacy Act
Subject to certain limits under California Civil Code section 1798.83, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal data that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. California residents may make one request per calendar year.
To make this request, you may contact us at the mail or email address listed in the “Contact Us for More Information” section below. In your request, please state that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response. We reserve our right not to respond to such requests submitted to addresses other than those specified in the “Contact Us for More Information” section below.
You have the right to equal service, and we will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA. However, under certain circumstances, we may offer you special discounts or other incentives for the right to continue to collect or use your Personal Information. In that event, we will notify you of the relevant program’s material terms and obtain your voluntary opt-in consent to the program.
You have the right to submit a data privacy request to us via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Business Transition. In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred.
d. Representations and Warranties. By using this Site, you represent that you are seeking this Site for personal reasons and that you are not an attorney or an agent of an attorney conducting an investigation to a potential claim related to the Site, any material available through the Site, or Gecko. You also represent that you are not engaging in activities in an attempt to reverse engineer the Site, portions of the Site, or any materials available through the Site. You also represent that any information you provide is true and accurate.
e. Customer Reference. You agree (i) that Gecko may identify you as a recipient of services and use your logo in client lists, sales presentations, marketing materials and press releases, and (ii) to develop a customer profile for use by Gecko on Gecko websites for promotional purposes.